American adults continue to turn to traditional sources of health information, even as many of them deepen their engagement with the online world according to 2010 Pew Internet & Life Project Report.
When asked, “Now thinking about all the sources you turn to when you need information or assistance in dealing with health or medical issues, please tell me if you use any of the following sources…”
* 86% of all adults ask a doctor.
* 68% of all adults ask a friend or family member.
* 57% of all adults use the internet.
* 54% use books or other printed reference material.
* 33% contact their insurance provider.