Facebook.com is a social networking website where users can add people as friends, send them messages, and update their personal profiles to notify friends about their activities, interests and online content that they enjoy. Users can also join communities within Facebook that are based on shared interests and experiences, like schools, media, companies, products, or social causes.
Facebook :: key points today
- 50% of active users log on to Facebook on any given day
- Average user has 130 friends
- Users spend over 500 billion minutes per month on Facebook (that’s over 950,000 years, or 1250 minutes per person!)
- There are over 160 million objects (pages, groups and events) on the site that people interact with
- Average user is connected to 60 pages, groups and events
- Average user creates 70 pieces of content each month
- More than 25 billion pieces of content (web links, news stories, blog posts, notes, photo albums, etc.) are shared each month.