Before making an appointment, patients invest a lot of time and consideration into their research. According to a 2012 Google Hospital Study, 84% of patients use both online and offline sources for health information research before making an appointment.
- 48% of patients took over 2 weeks to research before booking
- 61% of patients visited 2, or more, hospital sites before converting
For those patients who converted and booked appointments, digital content is key to their decision-making. 83 percent of patients visited a hospital website before converting.
1 in 5 patients is now booking appointments with their doctors through non-traditional means
- 21% of patients are now booking via computer or mobile app
- 23% of patients are booking in person
- 56% of patients call on phone to make an appointment with their physician