Did you know the red and white Coca-Cola logo is recognized by 94% of the world’s population? Or that cereal is the second-largest advertiser on television today, after cars? Or that Pepsi got its name from the digestive enzyme pepsin? Most of us today are bombarded by brand logos, they play a huge role in our consumerism. 64% of consumers have made a purchase decision based on social media content. Their corporate logos play a massive role in brand recognition and it is fascinating to watch their evolution through time.
The team at Zing Commerce have taken several top brand logos and GIF’ified their history.
Fun facts about brand logos
- Did you know the red and white Coca-Cola logo is recognized by 94% of the world’s population?
- Did you know M&M’s chocolate stands for the initials for its inventors Mars and Murrie?
- Did you know Coca-Cola originally contained cocaine?
- Did you know “Yahoo” is an acronym for “Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle”?
- Did you know the first Burger King was opened in Florida Miami in 1954?
- Did you know Hilton was the first international hotel chain?
- Did you know Porsche also builds tractors?
- Did you know Diet Coke was introduced in 1982?
- Did you know 40% of McDonald’s profits come from the sales of Happy Meals?
- Did you know the Colgate started out making starch, soap, and candles?
- Did you know Nintendo first produced playing cards?
- Did you know the original name of Bank of America was Bank of Italy?