New research from Google tells us that brand is important to prospective patients.
Google Insights conducted a survey by tracking hospital researchers’ activity across online platforms. According to the study “The Digital Journey to Wellness: Hospital Selection“, 94% of prospective patients make an appointment based on the reputation of the facility.
Key findings include ::
- 84% of patients use both online and offline sources for hospital research
- Search drives nearly 3x as many visitors to hospital sites compared to non-search visitors
- Patients primarily search on symptoms and condition terms towards the moment of conversion
- 44% of patients who research hospitals on a mobile device scheduled an appointment
- 53% of patients who did not watch a hospital video were unaware they existed
Other features important to prospective patients when selecting a hospital ::
- Accepts healthcare plan 90%
- Recommended by physician 86%
- Uses latest technology 85%
- Recommended by friends and family 51%